Accessibility statement for Tidbury Green Parish Council Website
This accessibility statement applies to www.tidburygreen-pc.org.uk.
This website is run by Tidbury Green Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- view the pages in any orientation.
- access pages in multiple ways.
- clearly understand the content of a page or section from its heading.
- clearly understand the content of a linked page from its link text.
- easily understand the consistent navigation for finding your way around the site.
- Easily use the robust pop-up menus.
- Use screen readers and magnifiers to find out the content of the pages.
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- Messages regarding invalid input data entered into contact forms are visible on the page but do not get passed to assistive technologies such as screen readers.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- call 07832 925080
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 20 days.
If you cannot view the map on our ‘contact us’ page, call or email us See our Contact Us page for details.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: clerk at tidburygreen-pc.org.uk
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
Find out how to contact us.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Tidbury Green Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is almost fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard with the exception of the non-compliances listed below:
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
Keyboard access to information
- Status messages are presented to the user by assistive technologies without receiving focus, however, specific field validation shown on the screen does not get passed to assistive technologies. (Partially fails WCAG2.1 4.1.3)
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services. For example, we do not plan to fix meeting agendas, minutes or other historical records published before that date.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We will then focus on ensuring that the website works well with NVDA Screen Reader for Windows, VoiceOver for Apple products and Talkback for Android products in addition to monitoring WCAG accessibility non-compliance each year.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 01/02/2022. It was last reviewed on 01/02/2022.
This website was last tested on 04/01/2022. The test was carried out by RL Business Solutions Limited.
We used this approach to deciding on a sample of pages to test:
- Select a typical sample of pages from the website.
- Focus on the legally required Parish Council pages.
- Manual review of all website pages against the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 to identify pages with features that might be non-compliant.