Between June and July this year the Commonwealth Games Organising Committee will be inviting applications from people interested in volunteering at the Games. In total they are aiming to recruit over 14,000 volunteers, covering 315 different roles across venues, live sites, the athlete’s villages, for instance.
This will be the only opportunity people interested in volunteering at the Games have to apply and applications are welcome from anyone with an interest in the Games. Applications are particularly welcome from the following groups:
- Young people under the age of 30yrs
- People with disabilities
- People aged over 50yrs
- People living in areas of deprivation
- People from Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic communities
- People from LGBTQ+ communities
Solihull Council will be working with the Organising Committee to provide Solihull residents with access to information, advice and support to complete their applications. This is to try and ensure that as many local residents as possible are able to apply.
As well as the communication channels listed below, people can also register their interest in volunteering at the Games via https://www.birmingham2022.com/get-involved/volunteering to receive news and updates as they are released.
Follow the Games via:
- Newsletter sign-up (https://www.birmingham2022.com/media-hub)
- Website https://www.birmingham2022.com/
- Twitter https://twitter.com/birminghamcg22
- YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrtc38i2H53V_isYs3xa_9A/featured
- Facebook https://m.facebook.com/Birmingham2022/
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/accounts/login/?next=/birminghamcg22/
- #B2022 across all social media platforms